CommunityBlogContact Us

How your landlord can save you money

Tiffany Vitti

Tiffany Vitti

a month ago - 1 minute read

Looking after the environment can directly benefit your monthly bills. Your landlord may now be able to apply for the Green Homes Grant. The UK Government is issuing households these grants to pay for insulation or other energy saving changes.

This work can decrease your energy bills without you needing to change your daily habits.

How my showers feel when it's energy efficient

What you need to know

Landlords in England can get up to £10,000 to pay part of the cost of energy saving work.*

This includes insulation, low carbon heating systems and more.

Those based in Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland will need to check their local schemes.

How to ask your landlord

Get in touch with your landlord with the following:

“Hey XXX,

Hope you’ve been well.

I noticed that the government is issuing grants for homes to upgrade their heating or other energy work.

There’s a quick questionnaire here to check if you're eligible, I wanted to pass it on as it could benefit both of us and help the environment.

Let me know if you’re thinking of doing some upgrades.


<Your name>”

*All information is correct at the time of posting (29 October 2020).

This is part of our “Save renters money” series. Next let’s save you money through your bank.

Tiffany Vitti

Tiffany Vitti

a month ago - 1 minute read

Share on

Join Waitlist
Contact Us

Fronted is a trading name of Fronted Holding LTD. We are registered in England and Wales (Company Number 12278750). Our registered office address is 81 Rivington Street, London, EC2A 3AY. We are part of the FCA regulatory sandbox - Cohort 6. The regulatory sandbox allows firms to test innovative offerings in a live environment. More information on the FCA's regulatory sandbox can be found here.

Made with 💛 and ☕️ in London